Thursday, February 10, 2011

Teen Pregnancy And The World!

As I have said in my previous blogs, the teen pregnancy rate in the U.S is really crazy. I really think that these shows such as Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant really have a affect on the number of teen getting pregnant in the U.S and not in a positive way. Many people think that its a positive show and it shows how hard teens have it when they get pregnant. In away it does but then we have those teens out here who are not that bright and want to have a baby just so they can “live the life” of the people they see on television. When in fact they are just going to be like any other teen out here who have babies at a young age and struggle like them too.
A couple weeks ago there was a conflict with Kim Kardashian and a mother on Teen Mom. I posted on my blog one of the things Kim posted. She said It seems that shows like Teen Mom are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls...but girls, these are not people you should idolize” (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349083/Kim-Kardashian-slams-MTVs-Amber-Portwood-Being-Teen-Mom-isnt-cool.html#ixzz1CiguPfXT) I think that kim is right about that one. These are not people to idolize. I mean it is a good show and I do watch the show but in away I think it makes some of these teens want to have a kid at 16 or 17.
I think older people who have had a baby at the age of 16 or 17 should be the ones to talk to these teens. Not people who are the exact same age as these girls. I just think that it would be better for the teens out here to see someone who had a baby and struggled for a long time and then got back on there feet, and not show girls who are the same age and get paid almost $250,000 per Teen Mom episode. In my opinion thats what should happen.

        -Is that good or not?
                        -Dequan

2 comments:

  1. i agree with byou becuse thay can never be a kid and laern how not to act like my best friend when he was in high school he got a girl pregnant wen she was in high school but know thay are in the proses of getting devorced and she is a drugy and has no job or money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of really good points, but I don't agree with your statement that teen mom and 16 and pregnant "idolize" or "glorifies" the fact that teens are pregnant and having children. I do agree that some teens do want kids at a really young age but that's a really dumb decision, and they will figure that out in the end. Also, I didn't know that they paid the cast of teen mom and 16 and pregnant ANY money at all. That is something I agree on that might glorify those shows.

    ReplyDelete