Thursday, April 7, 2011

Random Facts on Teen Pregnancies!


          I know that most of my blogs have been the same and some of the information that I have posted have been the same. So in this blog I want to just state out random facts about teen pregnancy that I have not stated,  that most people don’t know, and have never heard of before.

          Random Fact #1- 3 in 10 girls will get pregnant at least once before they are 20 years old. That is just crazy. 3 in 10 girls! That’s about 745,000 teen pregnancies in one year. That number needs to be lowered. I don’t know how or who is going to help lower the number but we all need to think or something.
         
Random Fact #2- Teen pregnancies are one of the top reasons why girls drop out of school. Less than half teen parents graduate from high school and only about 2% graduate from college and earn their degree by the time they are 30. I mean the gradation number is already low so I can see why it is low since nearly half of teen parents drop out of high school.
Random Fact #3- statistics have shown that children born from teen mothers do worse in school than those born to parents of an older age. Children born from teen mothers also are 50% more likely to repeat a grade, are less likely to complete high school, and have lower performance on standardized tests. I never knew this fact before. But reading that fact I can tell that it is true. I am guessing that since teen mothers are most likely still not mature yet and don’t know that they are doing they just let the child roam freely and do whatever they want.
Random Fact #4- About ¼ of teen moms will have a second child within 24 months of birth of their first child. I think they reason for that is because they most likely don’t know that after you have a baby is when you are more fertile. I am a boy and I know that! Another reason I think is because they think that their first child needs a play mate or something.
          Those are the facts that I have found that I didn’t know and thought that readers wouldn’t know.

(http://www.stayteen.org/teen-pregnancy)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. You could actually help a lot op people with just this one post. You have a lot of really good points and facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just thought that I would post somethings that people may not knew before.

    ReplyDelete